Monday 20 February 2012

Fw: Thinking of Quebec City

Thanks for those good memoriess Ardith. We both loved working with you. Good times, and you know us both so well. I remember Mike telling me that once when you went on holidays you left a list of admin duties for everyone to do which ended with, "Let Matthews water the plants. He'll like that." And he did! Foreshadowings of the community garden?
Love
C

Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

From: "Ardith Conlin" <conlina@live.ca>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 06:30:53 -0800
To: <wayword@telus.net>
Subject: Fw: Thinking of Quebec City

 
 
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2012 12:48 PM
Subject: Thinking of Quebec City
 
Dear Carol and Mike,
 
Ken's post to the blog had me remembering my wonderful trip with you to Quebec City.  What a time that was!  The wonderful lunches avec vin of course and the fabulous sights of a city which remains, thankfully, Canadian, got me thinking about how lucky I am that our paths crossed all those years ago. 
 
I pride myself on being hired at VIU by 2 Matthews (both Mike and Carol) and 2 Johnstons (Rich and Ian).  I remember my interview with Mike and Ian vividly.  I'd never met Mike before and he reminded me so much of Snidely Whiplash from the old Dudley Do Right cartoon.  Kinda scared me too.  But I soon learned what a gentle, kind man he is, and anyone who loves a dog is my kind of person. 
 
Joe and I are thinking about you and know that your wide circle of family and friends will take good care of you both.  If there's anything I can do, just let me know.
 
Much Love,
Ardith
 
PS having a bit of trouble posting to the blog, so could you please add this. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment